You've heard about Italy-its mouth-watering cuisine, excellent wine, fabulous art, splendid beauty, ancient ruins, extraordinary statues, and remarkable architecture-and now it is your turn to experience it. On this Italy escorted tour, get a taste of what the country has to offer and explore its most famous cities: Rome, Florence, and Venice. Have your camera ready as you discover the historic sites of Rome, including St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel -- world-famous for Michelangelo's ceiling paintings. You'll see ancient buildings and ruins, and you'll be able to imagine what life was like thousands of years ago. Visit San Gimignano, the medieval hilltop town with its tower houses, and enjoy a Chianti wine tasting, followed by lunch. In Florence, known as one of the most beautiful cities in the world and often referred to as the art capital of Italy, enjoy an escorted walking tour that includes a visit to see Michelangelo's masterpiece David, and spend time shopping for local Florentine goods. In Venice, you'll see the must-see sights, such as St. Mark's Square and Basilica. You'll also have time to explore the maze of streets and discover hidden treasures in their back alleys. Throughout this Italy guided tour, Globus has arranged VIP access, so rather than waiting in long lines, you'll have more time to experience famous sights and more time to taste Italy's sumptuous cuisine, shop for Italian goods, explore the stunning churches and museums, and participate in optional excursions. At the conclusion of your tour, travel to Milan by high-speed train and transfer to beautiful Lake Como for three nights. Enjoy a guided walking tour in charming Como which includes the marble-clad Duomo, and a relaxing boat ride including with a visit to picturesque Bellagio and its century-old buildings. Your Lake Como vacation package services, including Local Host assistance, are fully provided by Monograms. Just imagine the memories you'll create on this fabulous guided tour of incredible Italy!
Call (770) 732-9434 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13748374
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Welcome to Rome! At 5 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and leave the hotel for a special welcome dinner with wine at a local restaurant. (D)|
|Day 2||Rome||Guided sightseeing includes inside visits to the VATICAN MUSEUMS and SISTINE CHAPEL with Michelangelo's ceiling paintings and The Last Judgment, and monumental ST. PETER'S SQUARE and BASILICA to admire Michelangelo's Pieta. Then, drive to the Roman Forum and see the amazing Colosseum, where gladiators once fought. An optional walking tour with a Local Guide is available to further explore famous sites for those who wish to see it all. (B)|
|Day 3||Florence||This morning, drive through Umbria along the Highway of the Sun north into Tuscany and its hill-clad vineyards. On your way to San Gimignano, the medieval hilltop town with its tower houses, enjoy [LF] a Chianti WINE TASTING, followed by lunch. Then, time to walk through the historic center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Next is Florence, 'Cradle of the Renaissance.' (B,L)|
|Day 4||Florence||During your walking tour with a Local Guide, visit the ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS with Michelangelo's celebrated David, admire the magnificent cathedral, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistry's heavy bronze 'Gate of Paradise,' sculpture-studded SIGNORIA SQUARE, and take pictures of Ponte Vecchio. Time to shop for Florentine leather goods and gold jewelry, sold by the ounce. (B)|
|Day 5||Venice Island||A spectacular drive through the wooded Apennine Hills brings you to Venice, a powerful magnet for romantics and art lovers from around the globe. Enter in style by PRIVATE BOAT to meet your Local Guide. Highlights of your walking tour are ST. MARK'S SQUARE, a favorite location for many movies, and the byzantine BASILICA, lavish DOGES' PALACE and the BRIDGE OF SIGHS. Also watch a skilled GLASSBLOWER fashion delicate objects in an age-old traditional manner, and receive an exclusive gift, just for you! (B)|
|Day 6||Venice Island||Immerse yourself in the wonderful atmosphere of Venice. Wander through the narrow streets, discover Rialto Bridge, and top it all off by enjoying [LF] a farewell drink at famous CAFFE FLORIAN while musicians entertain you. Later, why not join an optional cruise to the charming island of Burano, followed by a delicious meal of local specialties? (B)|
|Day 7||Lake Como|| Travel by HIGH-SPEED TRAIN (first class) to Milan, then transfer to beautiful Lake Como. Enjoy a guided walking tour in charming Como, which includes the historic center and the imposing, marble-clad DUOMO. Your Local Host can help you make the most of your stay. (B)|
|Day 8||Lake Como||Experience a relaxing BOAT RIDE on Lake Como for panoramas of stunning mountain scenery and luxury lakeside villas. Disembark at picturesque Bellagio with its century-old buildings, stone lanes, and quaint cobblestone stairways filled with shops; free time for lunch and exploration on your own. (B)|
|Day 9||Lake Como||Your Local Host will have many suggestions for your day at leisure. (B)|
|Day 10||Lake Como||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning (the nearest airport is Milan Malpensa). (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $594-$723Triple room reduction per person: $110-$138Extra nights per person in Rome:in single room $157-$235, in twin $91-$162, in triple $83-$137Extra nights per person in Lake Como:in single room $178-$391, in twin $111-$218, in triple $96-$172
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).